Feb 16, 2011

P: pants, progress.

My dear S.,

I finally have my own sewing machine, juppie! It's a Christmas present from my parents. I chose a rather basic but trustworthy Singer machine. Of course, I needed to try it out directly. Right now I'm finishing my copy of your little black dress. It is almost finished, the seaming still needs to be done, plus some other details. Photo will follow this week! I feel that I'm getting more and more insight into the whole sewing stuff, makes me happy :)
So much for the progress part.
Now for the pants (which also count as progress, since they are the first pants I ever made for myself that are actually wearable):
Last year, I decided to make a skirt. It was awful. So went to J. and M., who had a god laugh at me and my awfully bulky skirt. Then they took the fabric away, and schnipp-schnapp cut the pattern for shorts out of it. I didn't touch the bag with the fabric any more until about two weeks ago. Then I made the shorts. And here they are:







I am so happy with how they turned out!

Uni has started again. The first week is always exciting, since I don't really like being in the classrooms of our Uni... so far, it was ok. This semester I have an entire course on Samuel Beckett- looking forward to it!

A small sententence from a fantastic book I just finished, Michael Cunningham's "A Home at the End of the World":
I was vaguely ashamed and lonely, yet pleased with myself simply for being alive; for surviving into the future.


just that. randomly.

Love!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment