Sep 27, 2010

fig fascination

Dear S.,

yet another late night fig post...
After a stressful day at work and drinking tea with my uni friends and catching up on our summer stories I still couldn't de-overdrive myself. So I went to shop groceries and fruit and stuff. And there I saw this: A whole box of figs for 1.95 euro. oh yes, you can imagine, I just couldn't resist. Then I cooked dinner. And made this little tartjes with N.:


blind-baked short pastry tartelettes filled with smooth pudding/cream mixture topped with a confiture of figs in red wine spiced with orange peel, cinneamon, clove and sugar :)
oh yes and I put a heart-shaped pastry cookie on top.
It's just something that came up in my mind and I think it really works... but please be my guest to judge yourself tomorrow!
Well, no I am finally tired. still in overdrive but my bones are really yearing for bedrest.
maybe I'll give in... ;)
love,
M.
(PS: I'm afraid I need another "how to shoot food" lesson...)

No comments:

Post a Comment