Sep 11, 2010

summer somethings & sewing

Dear S.,

summer says "hi" one more time! This is a photo from the Neusiedler lake in Austria... I want to go back there next summer. It's on the border to Hungary in a great wine-region... and the climate there is so nice and warm... *sigh*







And today we were at the Belgian seaside:



You can see that it was a little windy :)


still, in the early afternoon we had 24 °C! I so love falling asleep in the sand with the sound of the sea in my ears... And I was able to smell something- wow! Due to my allergies and stuff I wasn't able to smell things properly for the last few weeks, oh and what a sensation it is to smell the sea then!



Now some of my craftwork: I have a small obsession with making bookcases/flaps/whatever you want to call them. It started with the idea, that our (=the literature students, but actually any book lovers') books have to suffer a lot because they are constantly being dragged around in dirty bags next to dangerous objects like sandwiches, bottles of tea, lipsticks, scissors e.a. So I thought, why not make a bag for a book in a bag. or so.







My latest one for J, with a lot of handstitched details






a whole bunch of them



a tiny one for myself





the classic leather gentleman's bookbag for T, E, A and M.






the "wedding edition" for J.

The next one will be yours! I'm looking forward to our collaboration!


Also, I think you should really give me a "how to take nice photos of nice things" course. Mine are rather... random, let's say.

tot snel,


M.



No comments:

Post a Comment