Jan 9, 2011

another foggy winter's night

Dear S.,

Another foggy winter's night.



(view from my room)

Today I went to downstairs to my grandma's. It is so weird to see all her things, smell her perfume.

I took her old sewing box, glued the broken parts, tightened the screws, polished the wood.




here are some of the treasures from the box. (click the photos to enlarge them!)

this is how my grandma kept her buttons:


I still remember how I used to play with them and sort them by colour and size when I was a kid.

Here's a real curiosity: mending thread for nylon panties! Do they even still sell this nowadays?
The pretty black folded paper contains high quality stitching needles.






some of the most beautiful buttons. I love the tiny irregular ones, the slightly damaged ones. Also check out the three round see-through buttons- they are made of glass!

And here, a beautiful assortiment of mending wools, mending needles and other old stuff. I especially love the "Alpen Stopfwolle" :)


This is it for today. I hope the foggy times will clear up a bit, soon. For all of us, especially for J.

Love,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment