Aug 8, 2010

new recycled bag // very austrian marriage

Dear S.,

my week was filled with grandma's, green beans, household, books and tv.
so, I'll post a thing I made a few weeks ago for a good friend, who gave me a bag of old clothes to craft.





So, I used striped boxershorts as a part of the lining and inside bags, a beige shirt as the main lining and several details of old jeans. I really am happy with this bag; I think it fits my friend perfectly (and I hope he actually uses it, do you?)


For the rest: I was at the traditional wedding of my cousin today and I have to tell you, it was gorgeous. Bride and groom were so radiant with joy and all the guests formed such a colourful background for them. I am deliberately posting this blurry picture to keep a bit of privacy.. but you do get a bit of an image. Here is some austrian music for you to get into the right mood :)




It's funny that you also have this kind of city-spectacle going on right now; so do we! And it is horrible! I really hate these crowds of drunkards and carousels and brass orchestras and overly made-up teens.. :s

Nevertheless my friends convinced me to go there with them. And we surely did have fun: as no one else really danced, we started doing our best right in front of one of the 4 stages. hihi, I really felt that we were like a group of exotic birds; so utterly different from the average visitor there, doing extreme-dancing :)
but then a half-naked guy stole our thunder, when he started to play the air-guitar and pole-danced to "Highway to Hell". His act certainly made up for the 5 euro entrance fee.
I have some more things to tell you, but I'll keep them for a next time; I'm still really tired from the nice wedding-food :)
Love,
M.



No comments:

Post a Comment