Aug 21, 2010

some of summer

Dear S.,

back in summery Antwerp! It is good that we're all back now.. for a tiny while.
Here's another thing I love about summer in Antwerp: my fruit and vegetable dealers.



All these lovely things (including a kilo of delicious figs!) for about 7 euro. Try that in a supermarket. I am working on some translations while sipping wonderfully fresh mint tea with a squeeze of lemon. Dinner: yellow and green bean and potatoe soup with dill, parsley and sour cream. This is something really weird about my family: they do not really enjoy vegetables, fruit to some extent. So now I'm happy to be back with other veggie lovers :p

Here is some more stuff I crafted when I was at home: a blue shopping bag out of two old shirts and a retro-ish pencil case in brown tones for my brother. The other pencil case is one a made some time ago for myself.
Later on I'll go watch- or, rather, experience- L'Orfeo, this year's youth opera project of Muziektheater Transparant. After pre-viewing it yesterday, I am very curious how it will work with a full audience.
By for now, see you in a while :)
M.



No comments:

Post a Comment