Aug 13, 2010

I'm a barbie girl

Dear S.,
I am most proud to tell you that the supermodel of all the supermodels in this whole wide world agreed to work together with me for presenting my latest pieces... BARBIE!
check it out!

Barbie checking out the setting in her beautiful ensemble from her girlfriend's collection Outdyked. That's the real girl!

There was no time to lose, though, her schedule is packed!



completely relaxed, Barbie posed in the first outfit: back leggings and a super comfortable strapless jeans dress with beautiful pink ornaments. you could also wear the dress as a skirt!

next on: a lilac bandeau top with a handstitched heart application, which perfectly accompanies the airy athmosphere of the swinging light blue jeans skirt.


Lastly, Barbie presents another pair of colourful trousers with the jeans top:




This is the perfect outfit for a cycling trip: comfy but smart! Barbie got a little excited during this last shot, but doesn't she always just look beautiful?

....

So, I was invited at my cousin's yesterday, who has three little children. Of course they insisted on me playing with them. When I was fed up with playing Duplo farm, I went over to the barbie-house... and was a little shocked. 1: My little cousin has almost no clothes (I mean, that really is one of the most fun things about barbies, no?) and 2: the clothes she had were f*ing slutty. So, when I got home, I thought.... hmmmm

And this is the result. I really like it. I wanted the clothes to be things, my 3-years old cousin would wear herself. and I would SO love to have the 60's jeans skirt.... if only it were that easy for bigger people. I even discovered a skirt I must have made myself when I was a kid.. a pretty ok white pecil skirt with ruffles and pearls and a bit of stretching band.. all handstitched :) this passion is lingering inside me since forever, I guess.

Now I need to go sleep; tomorrow at 8:45 am I have to be at the dentist's, for the third time in a week. One of my teeth was hurting a lot, so now it is getting electroshock and antibiotic-paste therapy. tomorrow it will (hopefully! fingers crossed) be sealed forever. Actually I planned to spend most of this night outside as there are a huge many falling stars this night... but it is raining, cats and dogs. So I posted this instead. :)

Till very soon!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment