Nov 6, 2010

the woods have eyes

My dear S.,

this week I went into the woods. it was only for three days really, but it was so nice.. I loved the fresh air, the colours, the evening cosiness and the silence of the Ardennes. Back in Antwerp, I was rather diappointed by the uglyness of the streets and my lungs manifested their dislike as well. hmmm.. just look at the pictures and let the colours of the woods inspire you!















The last picture is a beautiful cake N. and I made.. bisquit filled with cherries and whipped cream with vanilla, covered in marzipan. It's inspired by little cakes like this you can buy at the baker's for loads of money. It was - even if I say so myself - SO nice!

here's a perfect bisquit recipe, it always works with me:
3 eggs
150g powder sugar
3 tablespoons of water
150g flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder

seperate the eggs, whisk the eggwhites until really firm. then whisk the eggyolks, the powder sugar and the water for about 6 minutes, until the mixture is really white. Now fold in the flour+ baking powder, then the egg whites. bake it for 10-15 mins at about 190°C. THis is enough dough for a round cake form to cut in half. If you want a really big cake just make more dough ;)

Next planned projects:
do something with my working spot
finish knitting my scarf
making a black shopping bag for myself

and now I should still read a hundred pages at least. "Die Klavierspielerin" by Elfriede Jelinek is on the menu right now. What a strong book! I am really enjoying reading it. Especially with the stingy little hits against typical austrian-ness..

love,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment