Jul 27, 2010

blueberry tuesday

Dear S.,

went to the local market yesterday and bought real nice forest-blueberries to make a polish speciality today, Pierogi. It's basically Pasta-dough filled with blueberries.. loads of work without a pasta-machine or a Ravioli-machine-thingy! But everybody loves them. We especially made my grandma happy, who used to make them very often but is now too old to do so.
Here they are:


The leftover blueberries, beautiful cherries and some sweet garden strawberriey and raspberries were turned into jam.



I also discovered this beautiful traditional Dirndl-dress in my grandma's cupboard:

... and it fits me like a glove. nice. I'm gonna wear it to my cousin's marriage, they want everybody to wear traditional clothes.... weird. whatever makes them happy...

I'm really busy with all kinds of family visits. I really enjow being with all of them, but it is quite exhausting. There is not much time left for me to read or do my own things... soon better.

That's all for now,
kiss,
M.


No comments:

Post a Comment