Jul 15, 2010

news oder so


Dear S.,
a tornado, oh my! how close was he, could you really see a swirl in the air?
It's so funny to see your enthousiasm about your measuring cups, they are really nice! (Yes I am a little jealous). I am so curious how your wedding-cake will turn out. In the meantime, Antwerp cooled down a bit. I spent quite some time on ridiculous things like shopping-without-buying, getting a vacuumcleaner and cleaning my place, watching series and ... sleeping. I'm so tired, I just don't know why! Maybe, because Charlie wakes me several times each night by jumping on my head, biting my toes, drinking from my water glass and then spilling it or trying to climb out of the window. One early morning I woke up because she jumped on the window sill.. and by doing so she made me see the most beautiful sunrise I've ever seen.. oh, too bad that I didn't take a picture, but it was truly magical: pink-peachy sheep clouds forming a massive triangle towards the sun.. hm :) a good moment.


But next to all the useless things I was also quite productive:






Charlie was just as confused as me in the beginning.. can you guess what it is going to be?
... right! Night-shorts! my first ones, and I'm actually quite pleased with the result. I took the pattern (vaguely) from my favourite pyjama-shorts and made the legs a bit longer. the result:





I also made some nice muffins with strawberries and chocolate... what a combination!




(do you recognize the roses?)

I got a bunch of old clothes from a friend today and am now thinking about what I can turn them into. Any ideas for jeans and an oversized sweater? I've also been reading a lot lately. I'm so much enjoying that I have time for the books I've been wanting to read during the year now.. I'm gonna write about them next time.

what else.. oh yes! I made pudding. Without any pre-packed pudding-powder, grandma style... and truly, it was the most yummy pudding I have ever eaten. Here's the recipe:

100g of chocolate (semi-bitter), in small pieces

2 egg-yolks, beaten to a fine cream with 4 eatingspoons of sugar and a pack of vanilla sugar

1/2 l of milk

40g of Maizena (cornflower/ corn starch).

How to: take 1/8 l of the milk and mix it with the Maizena. Put the rest of the milk and the chocolate into a large saucepan and gently heat it, until it cooks. Then put the milk-Maizena mix in and cook the whole thing for a few minutes, until it is nice and creamy. Then turn the heat off and add the egg and sugar cream, mix all well and make sure that it doesn't cook any more once the egg is in, just heat it well. voila, that's it. let it cool down in the fridge for an hour or so.

It is really worth the effort.

so, that's it for now

I hope to hear from you soon!

Loads of love,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment