Jul 30, 2010

Appreciate your Grandma

Dear S.,

the title says it all. My grandma called me today to fetch her from the retirement home to bake some things... She's 89. And definitely has a mind of her own. So, we ended up being in the supermarket and kitchen for more than 4 hours. She was exhausted afterwards- and so was I! We made some really nice Brioche and a kind of gingerbread (of which I don't have a photo).
So now I finally learned how to braid it, she wouldn't allow us to help here when she was still more mobile.


Another grandma-y thing: gooseberries/ Stachelbeeren. In my mind, they only grow in really old gardens-like ours. Grandma used to make jelly out of them, but I wanted to try jam- so I did:


It is really nice. Not too sweet, a little tangy and perfect on your morning bread. I definitely discovered jam-making this summer :)
hmhm.. it's good to see my friends again. really. they make me happy.
and they also remind me of how good it is to have you all around in A.
'til soon
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment