Jul 22, 2010

Home oh Home is where ever I'm...

Dear M.,
I guess you are on your way home. I'm still addicted to the song "home" by Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeros thanks to N. .
This time I just send you some images about what home means for me. Home is something I actually just can explain in German because I don't have the right words for it in English but I will try anyway. In German there is this difference between "zu Hause" and "Heimat", which is ...well..same same but different. "Zu Hause" is the place where ever I live at this moment. So it can be alover the world, just a bed in a room and thats my "home". But than there is also my "Heimat" and this is where I grew up where all my childhood memories are hiding under stones, behinde trees and and locked in the smell of a storage room.

Here are some of the typical "heimat experiences". My mum keeps everything... which my dad hates and I love. Because there are somany exiting things to be found...
...a hand knitting machiene( should be faster but I think it's really complicated). So old that it's still written in "Sütterlin" the old german handwriting...

...I didn't know what was in that sack( found it under the rooftop) , and just took it becase of the red-white vichy design...

...and in it were those babys with a playground


...an old papercut book. filled with nothing but black pages...


With help of this ancient ... I weight my butter for cakes . It's always funny because I replace the kopper bowls with porceleine bowls which never weight the same, so the lighter one is filled up with random things to reach the same weight as the havier one, and than the it#s possible to use it properly.and some slices of Gugelhupf baked (without c this time ) after the recipe of Sahra Wiener yummie .

That's it some randomness to share. What is homey ( heimelich) for you?
Greatings to your family and the mountains
kisses
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment