Jul 19, 2010

weddingcake, thunderstorm and random books

Dear M.,
it took a while, but now I have time to answer. I love the shorts they are so nice, my black skirt still waits to be finished...

I don't have a verry good picture of the wedding cake , in the afternooon I had to hide it from the bride and the groom. It was late at night when we served it, that's the reason for the shady pic. They were so lucky with the weather, the other days it was either to hot or really stormy, but they just had a perfect warm day. Well that's the cake, almond biscuit, with butter-philadelphia cream and raspberry sauce at the side( kind of "when harry meets sally" -style) . The decoration was rats made out of marcipane, black cherrys, black berrys (cassis), red rose pattels and rasberrys.This is one of the massiv thunder clouds builing up around oure home lately . It really raind cat and dogs, I guess nature was really happy to get some water , but I don't like rain that much.
Do you know that feeling when you go to your parents place to bump into yourself as a kid all the time. I always start searching in cupboards for my books and other things. This time I found one of my favorit books back: Mein Esel Benjamin. It's so cute, about a little girl finding a donkey in Greece and growing up with him. I love that it is full of black and white 70ies foto's.


And I found these two books, one a bout crafting, I already found inspiration to make new things. The other book is a guide for girls to mainly do everything : how to cook, craft, dress, wash, be a perfect host , travel, talk, organise... . Funny and nice illustrated.

Thats so far it. besides that we went on a cycle tour yesterday and lost my dad on the way. We found him back hours later at home.

I guess that you are packing, say hello and good-bye to the city from me. Kuddle the kitten from me, too and a big hallo to N.,

kisses and hugs, hear from you soon
S.

Ah, the tornado didn't pass here . Just the massiv storm surounding it. which was still quite impressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment