Oct 8, 2010

austrian autumn anecdotes II

Dear S.,

My dear cousin is getting married tomorrow. Both he and his partner are very unconventional but they wanted to set some kind of sign in their relationship. So they decided to celebrate a non-weddingy wedding, without a white dress or cake or the whole family, just a close set of friends and their parents/siblings/grandmas. I really like that idea, but I just couldn't resist to give them some kitsch, so I baked a whole bunch of different sorts of heart-shaped cookies, here are some of them:


cookie enjoying view from my room
cookie doing synchronised swimming

cookie being double.
I also tried the swirled cookies with white, cacao and raspberryjamcolored dough- nice!


And here is a little pencilcase I made for my mum. She asked for one that fits three biros and one marker- check! The fabric is from Ikea... we were there as a result of our brand new car breaking down on the road on the way to a shopping trip with my mum. She sent us to the nearby Ikea store while she waited for the tow-car. Hm, we're kind of getting used to something going wrong when we're out by car... :s
Luckily, noone got hurt. Just the brand new motor. sigh.
And luckily, nothing went wrong when we went to Salzburg yesterday. One of my best friends just moved back to Austria with her italo boyfriend. I am so happy we went to see her! Salzburg is really beautiful, about the same size as Antwerp, just as many tourists as well, but with the Mozart-charme and mountains extra. Still, I personally have never considered studying or living there, no idea why not.
Well my dear, tomorrow we're gonna be on the train for the largest part of the day. I found some good audio books to listen to, and am actually quite looking forward to the ride; strange, isn't it?
I hope you'll be back soon as well!
until then,
M.



No comments:

Post a Comment