Oct 9, 2010

automn sneak peak

dear m.,
first of all, WOW!!! the mountains... so beautiful.
I also sneaked out of uni to pass a few days in Germany. Some big family party, I love them. It has been such a long time since I was on one, adn it was really nice to have everybody around, espacially as it was getting later and the wine bottels emptier.

While I was catsitting charlie for you two I made some experiments at your place. It sounds worse than it was. Three thinks I wanted to make for a verry long time. Croissants, joghurt and aubergine paper.
The croissants were so much work. First you have to make a gist dough, which has to rise and all, than you role it out, cover at with a whole pakage of butter, fold it roll it, fold it, roll it.... . let is rise a gain, roll it again. cut triangels , roll the croissants let it rise again and glase it with an egg.
it was nice though, and I could bring some for everybody the next day on another fleamarket.
the joghurt was easy, warmming milk, mixing it with a littel bit of good joghurt, and than letting it rest in bed for the rest of the day.
the aubergine paper... well I was to impatient, after squeezing it for 2 days between woodpanels and books, I just irond it... in the middel of the night , charlie found it rather strange.

here are my automn pics...
I just realised that we really miss the seasons in gery grey urban antwerp.
* I found the wool for the hat at the fleamarket, my brother wants it (what a compliment)
* Last strawberries
* an empty wasp nest, remains from the summer
* red red wine
* self made vanilla sugar








so fare my automn,
Lets make lampinions for saint Martin, it's my favorite feast.
kisses , and see you soon
s.

No comments:

Post a Comment