Oct 17, 2010

expeariment

Dear S.,

I LOVED the inside picknick at our place yesterday! So nice to have a bunch of good friends together for a autumny-cosy afternoon with blankets and candles.. And all the food... hmmm! We had:

home made pumpkin soup from home-grown pumpkins
gorgeous cupcakes
cheese, nuts and grapes
tea and coffee
selfmade cookies
your beautiful cakes
scones with home made jams and mascarpone.

what more can I say but: :)
J. made beautiful photos, she should guest blog for us!

ok, now about the expeariment:

I got lots of pears for free. too many to eat fresh, so I started to search for pear-ideas. I came across an interesting recipe, tried it and it is a great succes!
It is pear, lemon and white wine jam (but you can eat it as a compote.

Have a look:








I already made two batches of it, the ones with the beautiful caps are meant as presents, the other ones are for us ;)

this is the link to the recipe:


http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/743191176900072/Birnen-Konfituere.html

I'll continue with my study-afternoon. Right now I'm reading about Russian Formalism.
(ok, I really wanted to tell you something more about it, but I just can't seem to put it in words. I'm not all that wordy today, apparently ;)

See you soon!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment